I am stunned and puzzled yet again, to be given another award. This one is big for me, to be considered a member of “The Sisterhood of the World.” Believe or don’t, I used to be one of those girls who liked men more than women. I’m so not anymore that girl. It wasn’t the women who changed me, but how I changed me. It was a long journey and I’m very proud. Also, grateful for another affirmation that I am on the right path, finally.
Meet Melody, and her blog, Life’s Daily Dose. When reading about her and finding out she is a Life Coach, I was even more touched. I am not, but maybe that is where I’m going, I’m still figuring it out. But know Melody, the honor I feel is that much deeper. I’m going to pull a quote from her “about” that says just about exactly what I say, and I urge you to follow her too. We all hear messages to share in different ways, and some will hear them in ways some can say better, and lastly there’s room for all of us, to make this world better place.
I strive to help others and have made more mistakes and wrong choices than any one person should make. I am not proud of this fact, but I am proud of my own strength that has been obtained throughout the process.
Melody, the only part I urge you to change, is not being proud of your mistakes and choices, no matter how many you made, they are you. Thank you from I cannot begin, for not only making my day, but helping me continue to help others, as you are doing too. We are definitely sisters, and this honor, award, is one cherished like no other.
So, to the blogs I nominate for this award, these are your rules, if you choose to accept it.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions I’ve asked you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people
Here are Melody’s questions for me, answered as best I can:
What is the last book you read?Well, I started listening to audiobooks after this one because I couldn’t wait to read the next, still out in hardcover at the time. The last one actually read was “A Feast For Crows” the 4th in the “Song of Ice and Fire Series” by George R.R. Martin. Oh, wait, I did finally get that book “A Dance with Dragons” the 5th. So okay, that’s the last one. Such a great story.
In your opinion, what is the perfect date?Sitting in front of the television, cuddling amongst destruction, watching The Walking Dead, eating deep dish pizza or Portillo’s, knowing the guy next to me is just as into it as I am.
Why did you start blogging?Since I was born, I always knew I was a writer. I could never share a thought on paper with anyone, hated everything I wrote and thought I’d never be able to do it. I started blogging to share a life changing event that happened to me, at 43. Through it, I became a writer.
Small town or big city? Why?I could live either. I’ve always believed its not where you live, but how. Though I live in a bigger city, I’m surrounded by an even bigger one, and the woods, and just about everything I need, right here.
If you could be one of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. characters, which one would you be?I’m Rachel. I started out pretty flakey, and by finally getting out on my own, figuring it all out, I discovered there’s a lot more to me and what I am capable of.
What makes you unique?That I’m real, flawed, that I discovered this all, that I learned to love every part, and that today I can share every bit, through writing, and help others maybe even. I’m so very proud of where I’ve come and where I’m going, that I’m a hottie grand mom, and a total geek.
Do you have any tattoos?One. This ring of leaves circles my arm all around. It has three roses, the biggest being me, and the other two my sons. I actually drew it in a dream, then a journal entry, and a week later, these guy friends I made took me to get it, and paid for it. I was in my 30’s, and they only did it as nice guys. Wow. No coincidences. I plan on adding a fourth rose someday, a rainbow one, for my grand babygirl.
What is your favorite quote?“It is a shame for a woman to grow old without ever knowing the strength and beauty of which she’s capable.” That is not just about your outside, I’ve finally come to see.
What is the last movie you saw in the theatre?The second Hobbit Movie, with my best friend. It was a magical and wonderful time. So was the movie.
What is one thing you are looking forward to?Tomorrow, and the further surprises and challenges my life brings as I continue to find myself.
Here are my nominations:
- Pukah Works– she’s more than a friend and fellow blogger. She’s a sister.
- A Holistic Journey– she’ll never know what she’s done for me.
- Beth, and Muliebral Viewpoint and Life Lessons Learned– though I’m sure she won’t have time to accept, she’s my teacher, I love her though never of met her, and I must honor her.
- Sexpectations89– this young, but old soul blogger helped me let it all out.
- Trying to make things right– this blogger also, through her bravery, helped me find mine.
- Takeshi’s Flight– HE gave me my first award. But we met discussing books. Though half way across the world, a sister and friend.
- One Step Each Day– Monica reached out to me in a very dark time, and I’m humbled further by the kindness of this world.
- Belle of the Carnival– she’s a huge supporter, and though might not realize that every like she gave my articles, keeps me going.
- Purplerays– another quiet liker sister help keeping me going.
- Annabelle Franklin, Author– through helping her with her Facebook Page, she helped me in so many other ways. She also gave me an award, and hasn’t bugged me because I never did a post about it. Probably because I was busy setting up her page. 😉
Here are my questions:
- What does sisterhood mean to you, and have you always felt it?
- Why do you blog, and what message is your blog trying to send?
- If you could offer me any advice, on my blog, or my message what would it be? (Please be honest, truly).
- What is one piece of advice you would give yourself if you could go back in time?
- Are you happy? If not, do you know why? Or, what does happy mean to you?
- What do you do when you aren’t blogging?
- What are your dreams for your future?
- What makes you unique?
- What is one thing you think would make the world a better place?
- What would your Apocalypse look like, and who and what role would you play in it?
Heh heh. I know these awards take time to do, so I await your acceptance patiently. Thank you to all the bloggers in this world for not only constantly being patient with me, but through your words, help me grow everyday even more.
Also, please leave a link for me in the comments below this article to your acceptance article so I can read your answers too, and anyone else reading this. Thanks, Ladies.
Love, Encouragement and Blessings,