How do you like my new guy? With rose in hand dressed so nicely he says all the right things in such a suave way, doesn’t he? Too bad he’s just a stuffed toy with a digital recording. I really do need a lot more than that from my man, if you get my drift heh heh. So does every woman and probably why he ended up donated to that big Rummage Sale the church I work for had last week. But he found me somehow and I took pity on him and took him home.
We all have expectations from our men and I was no different. I’ve had a whole lot of ups and downs in relationships in my life and when I finally got to the place of really loving and treating myself right, the rules I made for myself and my friends I didn’t apply to relationships with men and that was where I was still stuck for so long.
If you’d like to know those rules, check out my page “The Secret to Happiness – Learning to Love Yourself.”
But not too long ago I finally figured out I wasn’t applying those rules to the men that came along and that is when the light bulb finally clicked on. The rules don’t change for men or who you date in your life. When you love yourself and and you have finally achieved peace in your life you must apply those rules to anyone not just family or friends. That works in both the good and bad things with guys that come along.
- You don’t expect them to say the perfect things or have any expectations, beyond how you want to be treated. We often apply past templates our mothers, dysfunctional families, movies or people told us that was how it was suppose to be.
- You don’t let toxic men stick around waiting for those moments that make you happy when more often than not they make you feel bad about yourself.
- You stay focused on yourself and your dreams and don’t get lost in the guy or the dreams of being with him.
- You make your standards and you stick to them.
- You live by the rules of Loving Yourself and you apply them to every facet of your life.
I’d like to suggest a great book to read my buddy Sharon told me about as it tells the truth about men and how to handle them. “Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man.” If ever there was a handbook for dating and relationships with men, this is definitely where to start. He wrote this for his daughters so know its all the truth written from a man’s perspective.I think that when the time is right all of my dreams will come true and so will yours.
Love, encouragement and blessings,